Till startsida
To content Read more about how we use cookies on gu.se

Questions and Answers

What is a double degree?

The Department of Political Science at University of Gothenburg cooperates with School of International Relations and Public Affairs (SIRPA) at Fudan University, in Shanghai, China. Through this cooperation we are able to give students the opportunity to study one year in Sweden and one in China. After completing these two years you get one master’s degree from each university.

How many students are accepted to the double degree option each year?

We select three students from Master’s programmes in International Administration and Global Governance and Master's programme in European Studies. Three students are also selected from Fudan University. That makes a total of six students, three from Sweden and three from China.

Why are there so few who are admitted to double degree option?

The cooperation is new and we need to start somewhere. If the collaboration works well we might add places in the future.

How is the selection made?

You can apply to the double degree option if, and only if, you already are an enrolled student within the Master's programme in International Administration and Global Governance or Master's Programme in European Studies.

The selection is based on the same grounds as for the corresponding master’s programme. Please read more at:
MA in European Studies and MA in International Administration and Global Governance.

When do I apply to the double degree option?

Students enrolled in the master's programmes will be given the opportunity to apply to the double degree option during the first semester in Gothenburg.

Am I qualified to receive financial aid from CSN during my stay in Shanghai?

Yes, you are entitled to apply for financial aid if you meet the requirements of CSN. Read more on CSN.se.

Will I be covered by any insurance during my stay in China?

Yes, you will have insurance during your education, both in Sweden and in China. Learn more about the insurances before you decide to quit any other insurance. Read about them here.

How much do I need to pay?

Neither Gothenburg nor SIRP charge any tution fees. At the Fudan University there is a registration fee. Learn more here.

How do I find accommodation in Shanghai?

The students admitted to the double degree option will get help finding accommodation during their stay in Shanghai.

When do the semesters start?

The calender for the academic year is the same in Gothenburg as in Shanghai. The academic year goes on from September to June. You find all the information about this among the practical information and student support.

Page Manager: Webbredaktionen|Last update: 7/8/2019

The University of Gothenburg uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience. By continuing on this website, you approve of our use of cookies.  What are cookies?