After finishing your studies on the Master's Programme in Political Science you should apply for your degree. You apply for your degree at the Section of Degrees.
The Master's Programme in Political Science seeks to give you deep theoretical knowledge and analytical skills relevant for work in the fields of advanced research and investigation, power monitoring or public opinion formation within the public or private sector.
The Master's Programme in Political Science will prepare you for a career path with great flexibility. The students learn to carry out independent and analytical social analysis. These are skills that are valuable for both you and your future employer. However, it is important to keep in mind that, that the choices that you make during your studies have an impact on your possibilities on the labour market.
Here are a few examples of professions and work places where alumni/previous students work:
• Political advisor, Region Västra Götaland
• Investigator, The Swedish Social Insurance Agency
• Auditor (policy audit agent), City of Gothenburg
• Phd-student, University of Gothenburg
• Desk officer, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Project manager, Novus
• Development strategist, Eskiltuna Municipality
• Project coordinator, Amnesty
• Press secretary, Roks
• Analyst, The Swedish Dental Association
• Diplomat, Mission of Sweden to Nato
• Secretary of planning, Alingsås Municipality
• Research Assistant, University of Gothenburg
There is an alumni network for all former students at the University of Gothenburg. The Department of Political Science hopes to maintain and develop a social and professional network with previous students.
You are also welcome to contact Karin Andersson, alumni coordinator at the Department of Political Science.